The Students’ Affairs Division of the University of Mkar is headed by the Dean, Students’ Affairs. He is assisted by the Students’ Affairs Officer who acts as the Secretary to the Division and assists in the supervision of routine activities of the Division. As an institution with a compulsory residency policy, all the students are accommodated in the hostels and are fully cared for by the porters and portresses. The Division is responsible for the welfare and discipline of students on campus. These include:
- Ensuring that all students are well accommodated in their respective hostels.
- Conducting orientation and matriculation for fresh students
- Provision of Guidance and Counselling services to all students with problems
- Ensuring that students are constantly in good condition of health and ensures that the sick ones are taken to the Sick-Bay or the hospital as the case may be.
- Ensuring the safety and security of students on campus
- Provision of facilities for games and encouraging every student to actively participate in sporting activities
- Mobilizing graduates for the mandatory National Youth Service Corps scheme
- Ensuring that the schools dress code is strictly adhered to
- Provision of other social services that enhance self-development
- Taking charge of all students disciplinary matters and making recommendations to University authority
- Assisting students obtain scholarship from their respective states and voluntary organizations
- Liaise between staff and student when the need arises